The U.S. Open is one of the most notoriously difficult events in all of pro sports. It’s an event that has caused great mental anguish from the most poised players, ranging from Tiger Woods to Phil Mickelson. Who’s prepared to win this week?
Whether it’s a golf tournament, sales presentation or ultra-marathon the average response is to step into the arena and try to figure out how to win. But the True Champion wins first, and then walks into the arena. This episode is all about the mental and practical aspects of preparing for a big event and walking away with the prize.
Overthinking is one of the top reasons that would-be great performances are wrecked. Which is why my guest Brian Mogg, one of the top golf instructors in the world, joins us this week to share tactics on how to prepare, perform and recover when the pressure is on. Whether the goal is to win a golf tournament with $50 million in prize money or closing a key business deal, preparation is the key.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Inside tips on winning this year’s U.S. Open and why Brian Mogg is instructing his players to shop at a local market or go for a walk on the beach after a round at the storied Shinnecock Hills Golf Club.
- The astonishing story of Justify, the second Triple Crown winning racehorse of the modern era.
- How Kevin Durant joined a very elite list of players with his clutch scoring during the Golden State Warriorssweep of the NBA finals.
- Why cavities and tooth decay may be coming to an end (really!)
- Why I’m so personally connected to the French Open and Rafael Nadal’s 11 (astonishing) victories.
- Who’s in the Zone? (during the past week)
- How to achieve simplicity and focus around preparing for a major event, and how to anticipate and insulate yourself from anything that may pull your thoughts into the past or future (which hurts your performance).
Also, I answer a question from the “Ask Jim” Mailbag about how to get started on “reinvention.”
Finally, we place our orders at the Zone Café as we send you out for an awesome Zone Week!
Be in the Zone™!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jimdirectly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.