On one hand, Alex Cora has a dream job. As the rookie skipper for one of the most storied teams in all of sports, Alex has led the Boston Red Sox to the best record in baseball so far, and one of the most successful starts in team history. That said, the blessing also comes with sky high expectations, both inside and outside the clubhouse.
Boston is one of the most passionate sports cities in the world, and everyone from sports reporters to the fan on the street have an opinion on how the team should be run. Each day, it’s Alex’s job to “cut through the clutter” and guide the team to a high daily standard as the Red Sox pursue the ultimate goal—winning the World Series.
In this candid and forthright interview, Alex breaks down how he manages the internal and external expectations revolving around the Red Sox continued path to success.
We also break down 7 steps to managing expectations in your personal life:
- Setting expectations too high or too low.
- Reaching a high daily standard.
- Managing routines (without turning them into superstitions!)
- Making a back-up plan.
- Why it’s vital to see what you want, not what you don’t want on the screen of your mind (especially at night!)
- The power of journaling to manage expectations.
- Why I guide each of my clients to “keep expecting!” (and why I often add 25% more to their vision or goal).
In this week’s episode of the Jim Fannin Show, you will learn:
- How the Utah Jazz have defied the critics who claimed the team couldn’t compete in the playoffs “without a major star.”
- The parrot (yes, really!) who’s participating in this year’s NFL draft!
- The story of Mohamed Bzeek, a Libyan born immigrant who has quietly been foster parenting terminally ill children in Los Angeles County for more than three decades.
- How to move forward after a “beyond your control” major shakeup at your company or organization. The unexpected happens just like the Cincinnati Reds players found out with the firing of their manager Bryan Priceless than a month into the season.
Plus, we take a look at the “Ask Jim” Mailbag, where I answer “What questions would you ask potential NFL recruits to test their mental strength and potential as professional athletes?”
Finally, we place our order at the Zone Café as we send you out for an awesome Zone week!
Be in the Zone™!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jim directly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.