When adversity blindsides you, you’re facing a life crossroad or you realize your expectations will not be manifested, three inner voices will simultaneously vie for your attention. The first two are “The Victim” and “The Judge.” These two shameless advisors seek to keep your eyes on the rear view mirror. They hold you back by creating more confusion and chaos. They bring excuses, blame, agitation, frustration and even anger rather than decisive solutions to the challenge at hand. The third advisor is “The Champion,” the inner voice of hope that will lead you forward. It’s here that the negative chapter closes and a new chapter of your life opens….. a chapter of positive reinvention.
On this episode of the Jim Fannin Show, former MLB outfielder Casper Wells shares the story of how his promising career was cut short by a botched eye procedure. Despite a rocket arm, ability to hit a baseball solid and a great feel for the game, Casper’s performance began to spiral downward. He was not able to remain in the majors because his vision had changed just enough that he could no longer pick up the spin, speed and location of a pitched baseball. The Victim, The Judge and The Champion all wanted his attention.
It would be easy to sit down in the dirt, blame others and give up all hope for the future. But Casper chose to ignore The Victim and The Judge and stepped into a new life with The Champion by his side. Find out in this episode how Casper reinvented his life and career.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How I first saw the success of Apple Computers when I traveled to the Ukraine (shortly after the fall of the Soviet Union) on behalf of the company.
- Why too much coaching at key moments can actually hinder, rather than help, an athlete or entire team.
- How the playing conditions at the French Open create an environment where highly ranked tennis players often fall short and upsets abound.
- The Zone mindset that helped Steph Curry propel the Golden State Warriors to 2-0 in the NBA finals with a record setting nine, 3-pointers!
- Why it’s so difficult to throw a no hitter in baseball, and the mental tactics used by the few who have done it.
Also, I answer a question from the “Ask Jim” Mailbag about coaching a group of easily distracted, third grade Little Leaguers.
Finally, we place our orders at the Zone Café as we send you out for an awesome Zone Week!
Be in the Zone™!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jimdirectly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.