One of the most important days of my life was when I asked my father if we had a college fund. He just looked at me and said, “If you want to go to college, you need to get a scholarship or get a job.” I spent my early years on a literal dirt floor in the hills of Kentucky, and the economic reality for many families in the region was simple; there just wasn’t money for college.
Soon after that, my father took me to visit a steel mill and a coal mine to help me better understand the options for me after high school. After that day, I developed a great sense of urgency in tennis and academics. Two years later, those efforts manifested in a bevy of scholarship opportunities.
If you want to achieve unusual results, you must engage in unusually clear vision and unusually fastidious work. In this episode, I walk you through the mindset and tactics on how to transition from a “settler” mindset (plowing the ground others have already cultivated) to the attitude of a pioneer, someone who achieves what others dare to even dream.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- If you’re a settler or a pioneer in your professional and personal life.
- How to stop being a procrastinator and get off the performance roller-coaster.
- How my Cy Young Award-winning baseball client used self-imposed negative stress to elevate his performances until he realized there was a better way.
- Why LeBron James’ decision to join the LA Lakers proves he knows he’s “more than a basketball player.”
- How 23-year-old college student Miranda Wang did the seemingly impossible and invented a method to turn “un-recyclable” plastic into a valuable commodity for the fashion industry.
Also, I answer a question from the “Ask Jim” Mailbag, about how to help a student athlete when the coach is a hindrance, rather than a help, to getting into a Zone state.
Be in the Zone™!
The Jim Fannin Show is trying to learn about YOU. If you don’t mind, take this short Listener Survey and you will unlock a BONUS episode of the podcast!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jimdirectly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.