The holidays are here! We hope you’re enjoying this season with great energy and spirit. For many, this time of year is filled with happiness and joy while creating everlasting memories. For others this season can be filled with stress, worry, anxiety and even depression. In this Jim Fannin Show episode, Jim and his sidekick and producer Seth discuss the nine tips to maintain a sense of balance, simplicity, and relaxation during the remainder of 2017:
- Plan each day. Never have a day you haven’t already had. During the night before, dress rehearse macro objectives to be accomplished for your next day.
- Be healthy. Be aware of staying hydrated. Maintain a balanced discipline with what you eat (especially with all the parties and family gatherings). Eat slowly. Commit to a minimum of three hours of exercise a week. This releases tension and bottled-up negative stress.
- Say NO. Commit to promises you know you can keep. This will eliminate future guilt or worry. It’s ok to say NO. If someone asks, “Are you going to the Johnson’s party?” Answer without excuses or explanations, “No. We have a commitment.” Keep it simple.
- Take a breather. Add small breaks throughout your day. Divide your day into quarters by adding 10-15 minute breaks in the morning, lunch and afternoon. During the week, take a bath or a long shower to clear your mind. A few moments of quiet will help keep you at your best.
- Sleep deeply. Use “tension release” technique showcased and practiced in the podcast for deep sleep.
- Breathe at adversity. “Be the Palm Tree” or use “Breathe Like A Baby” when adversity rears its ugly head.
- Perfection is not needed. The perfect gift, party, outfit or hair style during the holidays is NOT needed. Chill out and don’t sweat the small stuff.
- 2017 exit interviews. These are one-on-one meetings with family and or team members regarding their 2017 positives and areas of growth. In addition, what do you want them to achieve in 2018 especially the first quarter. Lastly, discuss how you are going to be better in 2018 regarding your interaction with them.
- Be present. With a Blueprint to close an awesome 2017, adopt the mantra of “There’s no place I’d rather be than here right now.”
Plus, the guys take a look at “Who’s in the Zone™,” including how to repair a professional relationship by examining the Chicago Bulls recent turnaround after one player punched a teammate; why being upset by Boston College is a wake up call for Duke; and how the Yankees recent acquisition of Giancarlo Stanton is an excellent example of building a winning culture.
Finally, Jim and Seth open the mail bag to answer a question about closing out the sales year strong, even when it feels like no one is picking up the phone. And as always, we place our order at the Zone Café.
Until next week…..BE IN THE ZONE™
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jim directly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to pre-order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
If you have any questions, comments, or requests for a topic you would like Jim to discuss, you can e-mail Jimdirectly!
Follow Jim Fannin on Twitter: @JimFannin
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.