How do you set personal records? How do you stay the course when there are so many distractions? How do you juggle all that life throws your way? How can you shorten the road to success?
There is a secret technique the peak performers I’ve coached wield to be successful. It keeps you on course to a positive end result. It creates trust in your abilities and trust in the overall process. You’ll start to trust that what you have is enough. With this newfound trust, the feelings of belief and expectancy will swiftly elevate. It’s called The Link Technique™, one of the hundreds of proprietary tools and techniques of the S.C.O.R.E.® Success System.
Most of us visualize before we want something to happen. However, there is another way to use visualization that has served my clients for over 40 years. This simple, 90-Second Rule™ (no more than 90-seconds to activate) technique has saved hours of waste and helped link performances together into a chain of success.
During my tennis teaching days I would spend 60-70 long hours per week on the court giving lessons to client after client. My mission was simple: Help all I taught reach his or her full potential. One lesson would leave and another was waiting to begin. Because I had so many clients, it was easy to forget what I worked on the previous week with each person. In order to create continuity in the lessons and produce the best tennis player possible, I discovered this simple technique.
After every tennis lesson, I invested 90-seconds (sometimes less) to visualize (in movie format) next week’s lesson for the departing client. In addition, I visualized him or her as the best tennis player they could be. 90-seconds. Done. And then I would clear my head (Re-Boot™) and begin my next lesson. One week later my subconscious mind would pull from my memory exactly where I left off. Without missing a beat this lesson flow eventually unlocked their potential.
How can The Link Technique™ be applied to your life?
- After every phone call, visualize the next phone call or interaction with the same person. See it positive.
- After every meeting, visualize the actions desired in finished state. See the next meeting with the results in hand.
- With your clients or customers, see their next move as successful and see their desired outcome. 90-seconds is all it takes. Every day since 1974, I’ve written my client list. Never in the same order. With each written name, I envision their master vision (their endgame) accomplished in finished state, as it will be.
- With your children, see them successful within 90-seconds of reprimanding or punishing them. Envision an A student after watching them struggle with their homework.
- Within 90-seconds of an argument, see and feel peace, harmony or love in your mind.
Add 90-seconds to the end of every performance.
It is this small amount of time that connects the dots to setting records and manifesting life visions. It is this 90-seconds (sometimes less) that creates a flow of positive energy that connects performances. The flow of energy swiftly can attract a Zone state where peak performance resides. Simultaneously, the faculties of your body are stimulated and elevated and your mental capacities are awakened and activated.
After swiftly evaluating or analyzing your last performance, close the door on it. Now wield The Link Technique™ as follows:
- Be in the moment. Be present. No future or past tense thoughts. None.
- Relax your jaw, eyes and entire face.
- Reduce your breathing to 6-8 breaths per minute. This requires longer inhales and exhales. After some practice this only takes a few seconds.
- Start your mental movie. Approximately 83% of all people visualize as if they’re looking through their eyes in real life. Approximately 15% of visualizers see in their mind’s eye as if they are looking down upon a movie set, typically from the right side. Approximately 2% see no images in their mind’s eye. The first two ways work the same. The last way also works although you physically don’t see anything (thinking it will still program your subconscious). All three ways of visualizing works.
- The key to impactful visualization is to incorporate ALL of your senses with the imaginary mental movie. In addition to visual, this includes adding sound, taste, touch and smell to your mini-movie.
- When you are in public, it is essential that you are not aware of what others may be doing or thinking. Be locked in the moment. Full engagement. This may take practice. Many can visualize with their eyes wide open. However, most require the eyes to be shut for them to be effective. Orel Hershiser, one of the great MLB pitchers, has used The Link Technique™ after an opposing hitter belted a home run against him. He shut his eyes on the mound during the game and pictured striking him out as the opposing player was literally rounding the bases for home plate. The next time Orel faced him, he struck him out!
Each performance is a stepping-stone to success. Envision your successful, next step before you take it. Connect your performances. Trust The Link Technique™ and watch its magic unfold.
With The Link Technique™ you will connect your performances together into a quilt of excellence that can last hours, days, weeks and months. It has been used successfully in the NFL, MLB, MLS, NBA, ATP and WTA Tours, PGA and LPGA Tours, Olympics, and every amateur sport, as well as boardrooms, classrooms and homes worldwide.
Be in the Zone!™